6/11/2013

VINTAGE YSL 'SAFARI'

The first time I saw this dress was when I was a little kid
I found this in my mom's picture.
Though too little to know who was Yves Saint Laurent,
I was immediately drawn to this dress with huge impact.
But unfortunately my mom confessed that she threw that away
for closet arrangement as she delivered my brother.

So the second time I encountered this dress in reality
(at a vintage boutique in Omotesando: the most popular district
for fashion people)
I felt my heart skipped a loud beat!
At that time I grew up to be a university student and I can afford
to buy this for around $100.
Can you believe that??
The price was only $100......genuine, really genuine
the YSL safari look: I swear.

So since then I've kept this dress as my treasure
and pull it out from time to time regardless of the fashion trend.

Truly sophisticated items can go beyond the generations, right?







dress: vintage YSL(similar here)
shoes: Jessica Buurman(here)
earrings: Unoaerre
bangle: Jimmy Choo
bracelet: Valentino

ARIGATO!  Thank you for reading!!


7 comments:

  1. You look beautiful with this dress as usual :-)
    and the shoes are amazing! <3

    xoxo Kira
    schuhRei.ch

    ReplyDelete
  2. love everything!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you...real style is ageless! and that dress is really one of the kind. The way you have paired it with those heels is just perfect!
    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing looks

    http://cecilia-reis.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  5. like it! femine and stylish ..Like your way of blogging! Want to follow each other on G+, FB, Twitter or Insta?
    www.donnaiveh.blogspot.com
    sunny day to you!

    ReplyDelete