7/28/2013

SUMMER KIMONO

Hi, everyone! Hope you are having a nice weekend!

Today, I wore a yukata for a festival held in my neighborhood.

A yukata is a sort of kimono, but it's more casual and usually worn in summertime.
Tied with an obi (a sash), and worn with a pair of geta (sandals).

Nowadays most of the girls can't wear these costumes on their own,
but it's not too hard if you learn some technics.
It's a part of Japanese culture, but I should say...... it's just clothing.
So I'd be really glad if you get interested....and try one sometime like this.

Here's a tutorial for wearing a yukata.
And here's a web-store where you can get them.






yukata: tsumori chisato(here: can be shipped internationally!)
obi: kaos
bracelet: rada(here)
other items: bought at random stores

ARIGATO!  Thank you for reading!!

9 comments:

  1. it's so perfect for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, love the color and print of your kimono.

    xoxo
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful!! Love your Kimono look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing kimono ;) Very beautiful!


    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this kimono is amazing!!! you are fantastic, I have no words!! You remember me that I love Japan very much!
    xoxo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4487669/donkeycool

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually like your fashion style. For this outfit, I adore your traditional Japanese style. I personally enjoy learning about Japan and Japanese culture. This yukata is very lovely. I love the pattern. That's a nice handbag and a nice bracelet.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete